Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's History

A few years back, DH applied for a mobile phone line with Globe, and much to our surprise, he was declined. When I asked the sales representative the reason why, she informed me that DH had a negative credit rating that popped up in their system. DH couldn' think of what could be causing that and I could hardly believe it myself because in that year alone, we had been approved for a housing loan and then an auto loan with BPI, which is owned by the same conglomerate as Globe. I couldn't help but ask the sales representative, we were approved for millions for a housing loan and then another million for an auto loan, but we couldn't get an P800 peso per month phone subscription???

But it was then that reality set in that if you had a less than stellar credit history, it will be more difficult for you to get credit cards and loans. But, there are available resources that could help you still get bad credit loans. With a little research and awareness, you could compare offers that you receive and choose the best ones for your circumstances. To help you gain a bit more confidence as you get on your feet, qualified experts provide credit counselling from resources such as these.

In the end, I had to get the mobile phone subscription under my name. It's a hassle, but then since the bill is addressed to me, I can open it (without feeling like a snoop) and review the calls that he makes. :-)

No comments: