Saturday, September 23, 2006

Ordering Scrapbook Items Online

Temptation not only lingers in scrapmeets and scrapfests, but in cyberspace as well.

It really is so simple that it's very easy to get carried away. No matter that I told myself that I would not spend more than $25 (that's the least you can buy to get free shipping), I clicked and I clicked and I clicked and pretty soon, I had many items in my virtual shopping carts.

I cringe in virtual pain for the moment I receive my credit card bill. When I pay my dues, the pain will be excruciatingly real. It doesn't help that the bill will be arriving before my shipments do. So to make the days go easier, I'll just put myself in that happy place where I am surrounded by idea books, acrylic paints, foam stamps, cardstock and patterned paper. Or maybe I should just start scrapping and put what I have already hoarded to good use. Hmmmm...there's an idea.

I will not write how much damage this little online shopping spree caused my bank account lest my husband read this post. While I control my own funds, I will be out of a job by the end of the month, so my practical self was practically screaming - STOP! But I just have to have those things I ordered. Who knows when I will have my own funds to spend for my own stuff again?

In the meantime, can anyone tell me how to block joanns.com and amazon.com from ever appearing on my browser?

No comments: