Saturday, February 07, 2009

Down in the Doldrums

Anybody seen my scrapping mojo? If found, please inform me ASAP. I miss making layouts terribly.

And so to compensate for my inadequacies at that end, I have been visiting fellow scrappers' blogs. I am loving Blogger's new Blog List feature where I am immediately informed if my favorites have updated their blogs (see sidebar). Quite convenient when you have limited time to surf. I assure you I am inspired by the artistry and creativity everyone else is showing, but sadly, the impetus to create just isn't there.

So I thought I'd undertake the monumental task of organizing our library. I have a very simple system. I allotted shelves for My Books; DH's Books, Reference Books, and Children's Books, sorted by subject.

DH's books are easy cause he brought all his film/art books in his studio. Only his history books and Car Buyer magazines are here in the house.

I've also left the Children's Books under Sarah's supervision because and I quote, "I like to organize." That's putting it mildly. This girl can be so OC. She wants to arrange their books first by author, then within that category, by color. Ugh... What else can I expect from a girl who throws a fit when her food are touching each other on her plate? Anybody here watch Monk? His idiosyncracies are delightful, but in an 8-year old, they can be very very frustrating.

Organizing is really no hardship, except that it takes me a long time because I spend more time seating on the couch re-reading portions of books I've read before rather than actually moving them to their correct shelves. I arrange my books in two categories - Books I've Read and Books I have To Read. Sadly, the second category fills up most of my allotted shelves.

I should read more - at least one book a month. I'm off to a good start. Last January I finished Khaled Hosseini's "The Kite Runner." I watched the movie version, too. I recommend both to you. Currently, I am reading Bill Bryson's "In A Sunburned Country." Bryson is my favorite travel writer. Maybe when I'm done I'll watch the movie "Australia" for some visual feasts about this sunburned country down under.

In the meantime, I hope my mojo will be back soo. Even if only to make a layout in response to Manang Marissa's Kaya challenge. Sali din kayo ha? Para hindi ako batukan ng ate ko. Hehehe.

6 comments:

tnapay said...

hi lee. :) thanks for visiting.

know what? i love reading books too but i don't own that many. would you care to share a picture of your library?

and about your question on the bigger photo, i am not exactly sure what effect i chose in photoshop but one time in nov (when i printed those pix) i was tinkering with ps and i clicked on something and kinda liked it. will try to recreate it when i get down to editing some pictures again, ok?

and by the way, i love monk. ;) and i used to (kinda still am) like him LOL. so i can faily imagine how your children's book are going to be arranged. :)

tnapay said...

and i really hope you get your mojo back. i love viewing your pages (kakainspire gumawa ng gumawa ng LO). lately, i am so busy with my project 365 that i can only try scraplifting every now and then until i am up to date with my album. :)

scrapgurl14 said...

Hope you get your mojo back Lee!

But organizing your books is not bad ha. I've always wanted to do that but I just don't have the space to put them all in one place yet. Maybe when I get my own house na.

I'd like to see how you organized your books. =)

Mei Ann Guerrero said...

Hi Lee, we should have a ritual similar to the First Nations (American Indians) in which they burn logs and chant to call the spirit to inspire them. Honestly, I hope you get it back soon!

If you are looking for a good read while waiting for the 5th series of Edward and Bella, try Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson. It is really good.

Take care.

Liza said...

Hey Lee! Naku, mahirap talaga pag si MOJO ang nawala, it's always hard trying to get back into the groove of scrapping.
I have a few friends who are like your DD, ayaw na pinag-sasabay-sabay ang food at ayaw naghahalo ang lasa. OC! LOL!
Hope you're able to sort out your library na. Am sure lots of good reads there.

Anonymous said...

babalik iyan, kapatid. ganito gawin mo:

1. ipunin ang mga larawan.
2. ilabas ang mga papel.
3. magsimulang gumupit ng walang humpay.
4. piliting magdidikit as if there's no tomorrow.
5. pasasaan ba't may matatapos ka din.

- - -huminga ng malalim.

then go back to reading :)