Friday, December 22, 2006

I'll Have a Chocolate Now...

After weeks of turning things in my head, I made my very first layout (post scrapmeets, scrapfests, buying sprees and memorizing magazines and idea books.) As far as I am concerned, the few I did before these do not count. Let's just say it's the beginning of a new era.

With the help of my sister Marissa and scrap friends Nita, Au and Mai, I am finally ready to debut my work, such as it is.

This photo is of my daughter, Sarah Melisande at her very first day in Nursery school, June 2002. She was only two years and two months old then. Photo was taken just outside the door of our old apartment by paparazzo dad.

While she looked filled with trepidation in this photo she was actually excited to go with her Kuya Diego to school. Thus, journaling reads:

While you may look so YOUNG and VULNERABLE in this photograph, you were actually EXCITED to be going to school for the first time. If anyone was feeling ANXIOUS that day, that would've been ME.



Materials Used:
Patterned Paper - DCWV (Spring stack, I think) and Three Bugs in a Rug (Tickled Pink - Inspire); Title - Creative Imaginations Stickers, which I highlighted with Schneider White Gel It pen; Wooden flowers (from my sister, I do not know the brand name); Pink ric rac for the border; Mini pop ups to give dimension to the flowers on my journaling but placed there primarily to cover the adhesive that would have shown through the Canson paper; "First Day" sticker from Joann's.

It took me a long time to finalize this LO because I just couldn't commit. The patterned paper I had to choose from were all so pretty but I dreaded cutting them up. However, it's impossible to see how the elements would look together until they are cut down to size, so drawing a deep breath, I finally did it.

I know this is not yet perfect, but I am ecstatic just to have started at all. I think the adrenaline of accomplishment pushed me to post it at the Scrappin Moms' gallery. Guess who is feeling anxious again?

I welcome all your comments and feedback, but please be gentle. :-)

Now, kindly excuse me while I take a bite out of my reward and do my dance of joy.

No comments: