Sunday, December 03, 2006

There is No Excuse

The dust has finally settled. The workers have long gone. After weeks of living like a nomad, moving from room to room, as the renovation progressed, I can say, I am finally home.

I have a spanking new bathroom. New pin lights in all the rooms of the house. New shelves and bookcases. And just for me, a new place to scrap. Of course, I was also left with a monumental bill and massive cleaning up to do, but even that has slowly been dealt with. Everything now has a place and everything is in its place.

Now I have to really get scrapping. There is no excuse.


This used to be where I scrapped. A small dining table and galinera in the masters' bedroom.

Let me just share my new corner, at the third floor attic, with you.

All my stickers and other embellishments are safely tucked away in clearbooks. My foam stamps and colluzles are in the mini-file drawers. So are my 8.5x11 cardstock. My acrylic paints are in clear containers on the shelf with the decorative scissors. I tried to have everything within sight and within reach so I will remember to use them.


My daughter is a cute addition but hopefully when I scrap, she will be busy with her own stuff.


I had special racks with doors made for my patterned paper and cardstock, but until they are ready, this shelf will have to do.



What few ribbons and fibers I have are prettier displayed. Candy jars from Japan Home Store (P88.00).



New books and magazines should provide inspiration.


Look, Ma. Frango mints.

With my stash of CS, PPS, acrylic paints, coluzzle alphabet templates and foam stamps (ordered compulsively from joanns.com) my craft fairy sister sent me two boxes of Frango mints. With the agreement that I should reward myself with a mint for every layout I finish.

One layout: one mint. So if I want them chocolates (and God, how I want them...) There can be no excuse. Really!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I LOVE your new scrap space, Lee!! :D O time na magscrap! Hehehe! Sana one day maggraduate na rin ako from scrapping on the floor and having all my patterned paper and stamps all over the place. ;)

CraftFairy said...

Lee....!!!!! Kakainggit naman ang scrapping space mo! Wow! talagang seryusan na ito, ah!