To be a good scrapbooker, one that consistently records my family’s stories. I will record my memories through revealing photos and heart-felt journaling. I want that people who look at my scrapbook albums feel me in all the pages.
* I will consistently record my family’s stories. It should come as naturally as breathing.
* I will take honest, true-to-life, revealing photos. I will not wait for the perfect light, the perfect moment or the perfect outfit to bring that camera out.
* I will write honest, heart-felt stories. I will write for myself and my layouts' subjects, not for the incidental reader.
* I will be the scrapbooker that I am comfortable and happy with. I will try new products and techniques, join challenges and contests, but I will stay true to why I am into scrapbooking - to remember and be remembered.
* To create at least one layout a week. That should be at least 52 layouts by the end of the year.
* To finally start and finish Kahlo's Disneyland album and Diego/Sarah's Disneyland album. The reasons why I took up scrapbooking in the first place. That should make at least two albums completed this year.
* To make baby Jazmane's first year album before she has her second birthday in August.
* To start scrapping the photos from inside my photo boxes. Empty at least two boxes by the end of the year.
* To scrap more about me, myself, and I and my relationship with DH (I should scrap more of him, too.) At least 10 LOs about each of us.
* To learn at least one new technique and/or master the use of one tool each month.
* To refrain from hoarding. I will buy only things that I will use immediately, and even then, only after I had used up at least 50% of what I have now. (Specific items that are required by challenges not included).
* And finally, to just enjoy the process. This should be a fun creative year.
So what do you think? Are these doable? Of course, they are. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had the courage to post them here. I don't usually write these things down, especially not for public consumption, but it will encourage me to attain all of my objectives. I am sure that at the end of the year, an accounting will be demanded. And I want to be able to say, yes, I did all that.
(To read more about my visions/missions, click here.)
Kaisercraft: Favorite DT Project 2017-2018
4 days ago