Thursday, March 26, 2009

Scrapping Where I Can

Arrggghhh...March is almost over, I can smell summer in the air (my skin practically sizzles in the heat), and yet, the KiDS still have classes! Most of my friends' children have been off on vacay since two weeks ago and yet here we are, still reviewing for final exams next week. Kinda feels like those last few days on your ninth month of pregnancy. Can we have it over and done with already?

I'm looking forward to lazy days at home when I don't have to get up at 5 in the morning and just enjoy time with the kids. Most especially, I look forward to scrapping in my own space, in my own time.

I am a work-on-one-project-at-a-time scrapper. Sure. I'm great at multi-tasking, but with scrapbooking, it has to be a linear thing. Print picture, select papers and embellishments, scrap, and don't go to bed until done. I hate having the sun rise on unfinished layouts.

But the last few weeks, I had to be a bit flexible if I wanted to scrap at all. Since we were spending most of the weeknights at the studio, I had to be creative. I had to learn to scrap in bed. I had to be content with knowing that I will not be able to finish a layout to my satisfaction, not when most of my stuff are back home. I had to learn to work on several layouts at a time.


And that's just what I did. The upside is, I've started on at least eight layouts. The downside, I haven't finished one. Maybe when summer officially starts in April, when we're just home, I can finally finish them.

In the meantime, DH has been more productive than I am. His first short film will be shown this Saturday, March 28, 2009 at the MDAFI in Antipolo City. Thirteen other short films by his cohorts will be shown. Doesn't his poster look great? I swear this guy can do anything he sets his mind to.


Watch out for this batch of talented filmmakers. They will be the best in the industry. Yabang ba? Hehehe. Seriously, many of them are already making names for themselves in television and the movies. DH, who is undoubtedly a freshman, sure is in good company.


Not to be outdone, I've been productive, too. In the kitchen. Well, all of us have to have our own creative outlets. DH's is movies, mine is food. The world needs both. Will share the goodies with you at my food blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh... you got me excited there! I wanna watch toym's maiden film :)

8 LOs? oks na din kahit chop-chop. I hope to see the finished products soon!

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

ei dear!how are you?i know the feeling.lol! Just take it easy.Knowing you,those are just a piece of cake..lol! you'll finish them i know.Too excited to see your finished works!

Gracie Ann Tan said...

Hi Lee! Wow ang daming LOs niyan ha. Ako nga minsan 1 lang di ko pa matapos sa isang upuan. Hehe. At least kahit di pa tapos may progress na sila. Konting embellies, title at journaling nalang yan ayos na. Good luck to your hubby din. Sana we'll get the chance to see his short film din and I hope he'll have more to come.

Btw, yung dymo tape transparent nga siya. Akala ko white nga nung binili ko but then when you peel off the backing, transparent pala siya. Got it from National bookstore. :)

Nina said...

Woohoo for Toym! Congrats!

And woohoo for Mommy Lee! Reviewing for exams and yet 8 LOs in the making and some kitchen goodies pa!

You've definitely been more productive than me. I totally know how it feels to only be doing one layout at a time. Sigh. Seems like there's not enough hours in a day.

*hugs*
Nina