Wednesday, February 06, 2008

January Recap

Whew! Been very busy lately, but productive busy.

First, the project proposal I wrote for a non-profit organization was "approved in principle" by the UNESCO. I just need to work on a more realistic budget for the $26,000 that they are giving. We are now just waiting for word from the Japan Foundation, but we are optimistic that will come through soon. I don't get paid for any of this, my MIL volunteered me, but I do not mind doing it. It keeps my brain sharp and it is something verifiable that I can put in my resume should I decide to work again. I don't think anyone has been hired by development foundations for non-stop scrapbooking. Hahaha.

Second, been busy at my KiDS' school, like I always said, if I must be a SAHM, might as well be Super SAHM. Wink wink.

Third, I actually reached my target number of LOs for January. An LO a week, and January has 5 weeks, therefore, 5 layouts to share.

You've already seen my Kaya! layout which was voted favorite for January. Thanks to all who voted for my LO, much appreciated.

But I cannot share yet my Round Robin LO until everyone are done with their interpretation of Christine's layout by the end of this month so we will have to wait until then for it to be unveiled.

It Must Be Love

This is my first traditional layout featuring myself and my husband as a couple. It's not that I don't think my DH and I make a cute couple (har-har), but somehow I have always been hesitant to scrapbook our relationship. DH and I are not a touchy-feely couple and we have few photos (usually taken by our KiDS) of just the two of us.

I started this LO during a fun scrappy afternoon at Alby's in Cavite. You can read Christine's account here. But I have to mention that it was a learning experience scrapping with Cookie, Christine, Nina, Alby and Pia. I picked up alot just watching them make their LOs.

Hidden Journaling:
Seriously, it's too mushy to be made public.

Materials Used:
PPS and diecuts- Prima; Alphabet Stickers - Creative Imaginations and Provocraft; Rubons - Provocraft; Stamps - Inque Boutique, Autumn Leaves; Ink - Colorbox; Embossing Powder - Ranger; Fabric Paint - Pebeo; Ric rac - unknown.

The Process:
First time to use Pebeo paints, thanks Cookie for helping me overcome my fear of making mistakes. I heat embossed the word LOVE using crystal sparklers but unfortunately it didn't turn out so sparkly. I'm not sure what I did wrong, must practice heat embossing some more.

Love Elsie Challenge

The next two layouts are for Visual Creation's Love Elsie challenge. I bought the Zoe collection pack because I knew I could use the papers and embellishments to make LOs about my KiDS love for art. Really trying to justify the cost here so made two LOs.

The Scrapbook Plan

I will have to admit the papers influenced me to try to scrap like Elsie. I didn't quite work out, but still, I was happy with the final result. I went overboard with the fabric paints. Love the dimension and colors they added to my LO.

Journaling:
Here's a PLAN:
- sleep less (only growing children need to sleep for 8 hours a day)
- watch TV less (you do not really need to know who the Desperate Housewives are sleeping with)
- disconnect from the internet and scrap

Materials Used:
PPS, diecuts, rubons, stickers from Love Elsie; Pen - Staedtler Tri-Plus; Paper crimper; Fabric Paints - Tulip and Pebeo. I like using the Tulip brand more than the Pebeo as the paint flows more smoothly, the tip is also just right. For Pebeo, I learned from Cookie that there are other sizes of tips available.

Paparazzo Parent

Now with this LO, I finally let loose and just scrapped as I liked. I love the PPS with the many cameras so I took my cue from that and used it to make, what else? A camera! Everything in this LO is about my obsession with taking photos. I took the photo myself facing a mirror. I turned the photo upside down to be true to the principle of camera obscura (ok, it's not real world colors but I had to convert it to black and white so it won't compete with the colorful papers I used to form the iris or lens.)


Journaling:
MUST...TAKE...PHOTOS...
of every moment...
every detail...
everywhere, everytime
and to SCRAP them soonest.

Materials Used:
PPS, rubons, stickers from Love Elsie; Pen - Staedtler Tri-Plus; Fabric Paint - Tulip, template to create the iris, heat gun to make the fabric paint puff.

***************
So there you are, I am on track so far. I hope that I will still be able to hold my own this February. Still many things happening, what with birthdays to celebrate almost every weekend (Diego's, Kahlo's, my mom's and my mom-in-law's).

7 comments:

Christine said...

Lovin' the recap, Lee!! Congrats on hitting your target # of LOs for the month!! Your pages look great! Looking forward to seeing what you did with your round robin page! (any title for the blog yet?)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee! Congrats for finishing 5 layouts. Love your Love Elsie entries. I also love this line. Actually bought some from VC but was not able to finish my layout on time. :( Had to prioritize my hubby's mini. And I love your lo about you and hubby. So sweet! I can only imagine what's in your mushy journaling. ;b (Alby)

marjorie said...

wow lee! you are on a roll girl! not only you gave us the pleasure of reading something interesting but some awesome layouts as well...congratulations on hitting your target number of layouts...i am amazed how you are able to work with the love elsie stuff! galing! keep it up!

Anonymous said...

wow ngayon ko lang nakita ang elsie LOs mo! i super duper love them!!!! ganda! it was nice seeing you rin kanina! i really had fun chatting!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ang ganda ng LOs mo, Lee! I love the paparazzo LO, kakaiba yung technique na ginamit mo sa picture. Good luck sa Visual Creations challenge.

Au Lim said...

korek ka dyan Lee, nagcha-channel nga yata si Elsie thru e papers. and don't worry, nothing overboard here kahit pa sa fabric paints. really cool! and that thing you did with the camera...ang galeng! love the shutter effect! good luck on accomplishing those plans...and on the challenge too :-D

CraftFairy said...

Love how you did this!