Monday, February 18, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

I read somewhere that the week of February 11 was Random Acts of Kindness week. I hope I did my share of being kind as I went through my week, but then they wouldn't mean as much if I listed them down here.

But I'd like to share with you some acts of kindness that friends bestowed upon me last week, as random as they were unexpected, as a thank you to them.

To Manang Marissa, for giving me a gift subscription of Creating Keepsakes and Simple Scrapbooks magazines, to Beth, for my subscription of Scrapbooks, Etc. and Memory Makers. I finally received my first issues (except for Simple Scrapbooks) last week, courtesy of Beth who was mailing address in the U.S. and Maricar, who brought them home with her. Now at least I am only two months behind in my magazines compared to waiting months for back issues to appear at Book Sale.


Thanks to Donna for giving me some Dream Street papers, perfect for a boy page. And to Candy for the two pieces of Bo Bunny papers, but more than that the encouragement to join the Bo Bunny contest. I didn't have time to make an LO but I'd like to share that Candy won 2nd prize in that contest.


From Marj, a surprise package, "for no reason at all." I knew last year that she was giving me a bottle of Prima flowers (she had sent them to Donna last year) but I was quite surprised with the other items inside the bag. Thanks Marj, I can certainly use these because these are items I would never have thought of buying for myself.


From the RAK table at the Scrapbooks Exchange EB, which I crashed. (I am so sorry, I thought it was an MLA sales event.) Right after our Family Day, Candy picked me up from our house (I just had time to change my shirt) to bring me to Nette's house in Alabang. I was quite excited cause I had my eyes on some goodies from her store. Thanks to Timi for sharing her laces and ribbons and thanks to anyone who shared the stuff they couldn't use but I could certainly use.


And last but not least, thanks to Au and Nita, for the friendship and for the dinner at Kopi Tiam (even if I had to pay for food I hardly finished hehe), for caring well enough to take me out to dinner. Love you, guys. Sorry no picture cause DH had my camera.

No comments: