Sunday, June 22, 2008

Album Fillers

It has been a hectic month, what with medical emergencies, housework and office work. But I had been raring to scrap, not because there was a creative urge that couldn't be ignored within me, but because I couldn't stand that there's three blank spots in my album. The 20-page album (40 LOs) which I started late last year is almost full, except for three LOs. I couldn't move on until those 3 blank sheets are no more. There's nothing more fulfilling than completing one whole album.

Sapilitan baga, heto ang naging resulta. Sorry, no time to take better photos and edit such. I'm really more comfortable with my Microtek scanner but it needs cleaning. I'm still looking for a local service center.

HUGGLES

My girls have a love-hate relationship.


Journaling:
When you're not fighting, you're hugging. It seems to me though, that it's always Kahlo who initiates the first contact. But regardless, Sarah always seems happy to hug right back. I wish there were more moments like these. They're more precious than the snubbing or the pretending the other doesn't exist. 6/12/08

Materials:
Paper - Basic Grey; Stamps - Autumn Leaves; Ink - Tsukineko Versamark; Embossing Powder - Ranger Polysparkle; Diecut - traced Big Scoops parenthesis to make two more; Paints - Making Memories; Stickers - EK Success; Glitter - Hero Arts; Pen - Gel Writer; Punch - Fiskar's; Adhesive - Saunders.


Finally got to use the elusive Threading Water puncher which Ching gave me as a birthday present. I love how the stamped image added texture and glitz on this simple LO too.

CAPTURE

When DH and I travel, our biggest problem is taking photos of us together. Since we hike most of the time, we don't bring a tripod. In this trip, we brought one small enough to fit in the pocket but I broke it as soon as I tried using it (Ssshhhh...he thinks it broke because of shoddy workmanship.) We also don't like bothering other people to take our photos. But maybe we should change our attitude about that. :-)


Journaling:
capture moments...capture love...capture the look of love. DH and I hamming it for the camera, on a plane from Boracay, 9/03/06 trip. capture our wacky personalities.

We are not so bad when it comes to photographing our KiDS. But when it comes to capturing photos of us together, we could certainly do better. Between your antics and my off-center shots, I should be smiling.

Materials:
Papers - Prima; CS - Debbie Mumm; Chipboards - Heidi Swapp; Pen - Uni-Ball Signo; Adhesives - Saunders.

I Can't Help It

What can I say I love to eat, and this photo at one of my favorite restaurants, Italianni's, with favorite friends certainly captures that.


Journaling:
I won't write it down cause I reveal my weight in this LO. Hehehe. Time to hit the tracks and exercise!!!

Materials:
PPS - Making Memories; Flower - Petaloo; Stamp - Hero Arts; Ink - Tsukineko; Rubons - Imaginisce; Foams - American Crafts; Pen - American Crafts; Adhesive - Saunders; Ric rac - Joanns.


My first time to stamp on a flower. And I did it after I had adhered the flower on the LO. It was really an after thought. Thus, I had a minor accident with the ink pad which slipped from my fingers and fell right on my LO and stupid me, I tried to wipe the impression off with baby wipes - see top of LO. I'm still thinking whether I should fix it or leave it as is. But knowing me, I know I'll just move on to the next LO.

So that's it. I'm so excited at the idea of filling a fresh new album with more creations.

4 comments:

Christine said...

beautiful pages all, Lee! They don't look rushed at all! Woohoo! time for a new album =)

iris said...

Beautiful pages Lee! At rushed pa yan ha??? Hey I just got my copy of the Websters catalogue and your layout was there!! Congratulations Lee!! ganda ganda ng layout mo!

symbelly said...

Love your Layouts!

Woohoo! moving on to new album!

Nita Ang said...

(Nita doing the jig for Lee) Nakatapos na sya ng isa pang album tapos ang gaganda pa ng mga "pahabol" nya! (yabang-yabang... hehehe) I especially love yung "I can't help it". At wag kalilimutan yung embossed stamping sa "Huggles" - very niceee touch :D