Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Studio Azul Win

Bragging much? Hehehe. Sorry, I couldn't think of any other title. The grey skies and the cold winds combine to make me too lazy to come up with anything else.

Anyway, this is late because I actually found out I won last June 1. And today, I got my prizes from Mia of Studio Azul. Yummy papers from Crate and AC Thickers. I've always liked Crate papers but for some reason never bought any, so these are just perfect for my girly-girl LOs. Thanks, Mia and Tin.


Up until now, I still cannot believe that Iris chose my version of her LO. There's that goofy smile on my face again. This is one of the best compliments anyone's ever paid my scrapbooking.

And also, I've received questions on how I made the U in "All About U". Well, it was one of those experiments that failed. What my son Diego would call a happy accident.


I was aiming for a beaded U actually. So I covered the raw chipboard with pearl UTEE and before it dried up, I poured beads over it. Unfortunately, not all the beads clung to the UTEE. I removed those few that did cling so I can start over again. And then I thought I liked the effect of the "holes" on the chipboard. So I heat embossed the UTEE again and deliberately used the beads to make more pock marks on its surface. I then sprayed gold Radiant Rain for a two-tone effect. I am not the type to experiment on techniques much, so this is the closest I'll ever get to being experimental.

Here's to more happy accidents in the future. Hmmmm...maybe my winning was also a happy accident. LOL.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Congrats on winning, Lee!! Love what you did with the letter U

scrapgurl14 said...

of course not Lee! It was a well deserved win. =)

CraftFairy said...

Congratulations! Sipag mo naman maggagawa ng mabusising LO, haha. Inggit me again.