Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Two for Kaya!

This month, Kayang-kaya kaya? is celebrating its second anniversary. I can't believe it's been two years already. I don't think anyone expected the challenge blog to last this long. Anyway, in line with the celebrations, Yoyin and Scrapbooks Hawaii put up two challenges this month.

I was able to make a layout for the first challenge but wasn't able to upload it before the deadline because I had no internet connection. Sayang! But still, I am happy with the layout I made using just fabrics, ribbons and laces, as required by the challenge.

Mug Shots

This is Kahlo, my youngest, and sadly, the only one remaining willing to ham it up for her mom. Her older siblings just run away or cover their faces when they see me holding my camera.


Journaling:
Caught in the act of being silly.

Materials:
CS - DCWV; Ribbons - Making Memories, Oriental Trading; Laces - Divisoria; Chipboard/foam - American Crafts; Alpha stickers - Making Memories; Felt - Fancy Pants; Fabric - Kahlo's old blouse. Since this wasn't qualified for the challenge anyway, I added a butterfly cut out from a K & Co patterned paper at the last minute.

Two Crazy

DH sometimes calls me "crazy girl" and I snap back "stupid man" but that doesn't mean we don't love each other. Now I have that in writing cause I had him do the journaling. How sweet is that? BTW, did you notice the two Rs in "anniversary"? Italianni's has great food and service but they sure can't spell. LOL. But who am I to complain - that ice cream was free.


Journaling:

Yup, there's no doubt about it...this is for keeps!

Materials:
Cardstock - DCWV; PPS - Basic Grey, Making Memories; Diecuts - Maya Road, Basic Grey, American Crafts; Stamps - Bam Pop, Paper Salon, Ink - Colorbox; Metal embellishments - WRMK, Making Memories; Ribbons - Making Memories, unknown; Acrylic paints - Making Memories, Li'l Davis.

TFL! I hope my scrapbooking streak continues...

4 comments:

bjay said...

well, the only thing I can say about that is... I love both LOs! :)

LG said...

Gorgeous LO lee! Ganda! Love your take!

LG

Candy said...

Hehehe! Ikaw naman, masarap na ngang pagkain doon, pinintasan mo pa ang spelling nila! Beautiful LOs, Lee! Buti ka pa, nakakagawa! Inggit tuloy ako.

janis said...

love the photos on both layouts. hinihintay ko pa entries mo sa kaya ha? hehehe.