Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bear Hugs

Round 2 Challenge at Scrappinmoms Idol was all about reducing (one CS and 1 PPS), re-using (use at least one item twice, each time, in a different way), and recycle (repurpose a scrapbooking material).

REDUCE
I used 1 PPS (K & Co.) as my background and 1 CS (Pioneer) for my title, journaling and swirls. I simply recolored the white cardstock using various distress inks.


RE-USE:
The item I chose to use and -re-use is a white lace. Inspired by the lace pattern of my paper, I used my lace as a mask. I then used the lace, which has been colored by my walnut ink as a ribbon. I attached it to my recycled frame (see below). It's not easy working with walnut ink because it could get blotchy and dries up quickly. So with bated breath and a quick prayer, I sprayed on my lace and am happy it turned up well. I accidentally discovered this effect some time ago when I was tinting my other laces a vintagey color.



RECYCLE:
The excess from my Making Memories dingbat foam stamps was the perfect size (5x7) to make a frame for my photo. First, I painted it with gesso, then used crackle paint to simulate wood grain. It frames my photo perfectly.

Other Materials Used:
Flowers - Prima; Brads, Oriental Trading; Paint - Making Memories; Chipboards - Basic Grey; Pen - Sakura; Adhesives- Saunders, Plaid; Tools - Cuttlebug, Quickutz; Inks - Ranger, sukineko; Chalks - Craf-T.

Journaling:
Loa Tita has taken care of your Papa ever since he was a baby. Now she's taking care of you, too. She indulges your every whim. She cooks your favorite foods and makes your clothes. She even made dresses for Penny, your teddy bear. Such caring is lovingly rewarded with lots of hugs and kisses.

My co-participants went all out being innovative and creative. I invite you to view their artworks here.

TFL!

1 comment:

LG said...

Hi Lee, Love your take to this challenge especially the way you've used that lace. Brilliant