Friday, September 30, 2011

Bootcamp: Designing With Pattern

I fully enjoyed the past week, attening Ella Publishing Co.'s Bootcamp. I am not kidding when I say that each day I was inspired and raring to scrap. I wasn't able to scrap daily, but once I sat behind my scrap table there was no stopping me.

Our design drill instructor, Lisa Dickinson, shared with us several guidelines to mix and match patterned papers. Even without actually scrapping yet, I enjoyed the exercise of making matched sets to be used in future layouts. With Lisa's tips, I didn't have to wast much time sorting through my paper stash or moving the papers endlessly on my desk. Thus, for this exercise, I was able to make two layouts.



Kahlo likes the colors of the first layout. I think I went overboard with the monochromatic scheme but I like it, too.

No comments: