Sunday, March 30, 2008

March Recap

OK, might as well do this a day earlier while I still have internet and I really doubt I'm gonna be able to scrap anything else tonight. Tomorrow I will have to scrap my sample LO for the Kaya 12 challenge and that's coming out April, so watch out for that.

Four target layouts this month and I actually scrapped (drum roll, please....) ta-daan... 8 layouts. I've posted some here and here.

I still have to share this, which was supposed to be my second entry to Lasting Impression's Webster's Pages challenge. It was too late for the deadline but since I had everything planned in my head, I made it anyway.

FANTASY RIDE



Journaling:
The Grand Carousel was your favorite ride at the Enchanted Kingdom. You even had a favorite pony - the yellow one with the flowers on its bridle. After each ride, you rushed to line up again...and again...over and over. Until finalyy, I, who had to ride with you innumerable times, finally said, "No more." - Mama (3/1/08)

Materials:
PPS - Webster's Pages, Diecuts - Cuttlebug, Sizzix Bigz; Stamps - Prima, Fancy Pants; Ink - Tsukineko; Rubons - Webster's Pages; Glitter - Martha Stewart; Ric Rac - Joan; Tag - K & Co.; Pen - Staedtler; Adhesives - Saunders.

You already know that against all odds (so many beautiful LOs in the gallery), "Adore" placed second in the challenge. :-)

And this is my take on Mia's challenge to use blings on a layout about your entertainment idol. I decided to go for an old college crush so I could also scrap my old photos. Yup! That scrawny youth in the pics is me. Those were the days... Not only did I use old photos, that is the actual Rick Springfield cutout that was on my red memo board (see bottom photo closely).

HARD TO HOLD


Journaling:
In college, I had a major crush on Rick Springfield. I had his posters plastered on my dorm walls. I cut out his pictures from Jingle Song Hits. He watched over me as I studied and slept. I played his cassette tape out louad until my dorm mates complained. I even rented his movie "Hard to Hold" and saw it over and over on my cousin Benjo's betamax. He was so handsome and sexy and when he sings "Jessie's Girl" with fire and passion, I wished I was going out with a boy named Jessie.

Materials:
PPS - DCWV (Retro and Glitter packs); Glitter - Stickles; Paint - MM Glitter Glaze; Diecut - Cuttlebug; Pen - Uniball Signo; Adhesives - UHU glue.

I scrapped another layout that I can't reveal as yet until it's posted in the gallery I submitted it to. I can hardly wait until it's April 1 in the U.S. But I can't resist to share SHE described my LO is "beautiful." I'm sure she tells everyone that, but let's pretend for just one minute that it's just to me. Hahaha.

Speaking of which, I just realised I haven't posted my take on the PS round robin challenge. You can see all the interesting takes on CV's initial challenge in Scrapbytes.

@ POOH'S HOUSE


Journaling:
Sarah and kahlo enjoy a raremoment away from Mama's camera as they share the wonder of discovering Winnie the Pooh's tree trunk at Clark Airbase picnic grounds.

Materials:
CS - DCWV; PPS - SEI, EK Success; Stamp - Inque Boutique; Ink - Clearsnap; Ribbon and tag- unknown; ATB paper tagger; Acrylic embellishment - Japan Home; Diecut - unknown; Pen - Staedtler; Adhesive - Saunders.

I knew before I passed it on the next robin that this LO looked half-baked (that unmatted photo in the bottom and the title bother me) but I didn't want it to get stuck with me. I've had for 3 days already and I didn't want to keep the next scrapper waiting.

And I thought I'd share an LO I did last year but never got the courage to share. You might call it a lesson in "how not to use walnut ink spray." LOL.

KYLE LOVES DIRT

This was supposed to be a clean and simple layout but when I finished, it was just too clean. So I thought I'd liven things up a bit by spraying Walnut Ink at the bottom. The problem with walnut ink is, once it touches your medium, you cannot wipe it off or even smudge it. See the concentric circles? That's the exact way the ink spurted out of my spray. I should have masked the photo to protect it from too much spray. Or, as Marian suggested, used foam to just smudge ink on the places I wanted it on.


Materials:
CS - DCWV; PPS - Creative Inaginations, Fancy Pants; Diecuts - 3 Bugs in a Rug; Stamps - Inque Boutique, Autumn Leaves; Ink - Clearsnap, Tsukineko; Stickers - Joan.

On the homefront, my middle DD turned 8 and my youngest DD graduated from Prep. We had our first camping activity as a family albeit with the other gradeschool students and in school compound. And hurray for summer vacation!!!

1 comment:

Christine said...

wow, you've been busy, girl!! congrats on getting so many pages done!!