WHAT : Scrap, Share and Shop for a Cause
WHEN: March 8, 2008 (Saturday), from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
WHERE: Centro Montessori, 49 Xavierville Avenue, Loyola Heights, QC
WHY: To benefit the Carmelite nuns of Sta. Ignacia, Tarlac. The funds raised will go to finishing the construction of their chapel which currently lacks walls and a permanent roof.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1. Simply join us on March 8 for a day of scrapbooking, sharing of ideas and techniques, and shopping for scrapbooking goodies. Invite your friends, scrappers or otherwise, to be with us on the day.
2. Buy tickets! For only P150, you get a catered lunch and merienda, the opportunity to win exciting raffle prizes, buy scrapbooking items at cost (or less), and watch demos from the best scrapbookers in the country. If you can't attend but buy tickets, your P150 still goes to charity.
3. Make everyday cards (any day theme cards). These cards will be used by the Carmelite nuns to reach out to other potential donors. Cards will be collected starting March 8 to April 30, 2008. Envelopes will be provided, so you need to make your cards fit the size 6 of the baronial envelopes (5X6 inches actual size of the envelope). Make your cards no more than 4 3/4" x 5 3/4" inches in size. For every 5 cards donated, you'll be entitled to a raffle of some scrapping goodies -our way of saying thank you for your support.
4. Refer individuals and corporations that might be interested in giving donations so the Carmelite nuns can write directly to them. All donations, in cash or kind, are tax-deductible.
5. Donate scrapbooking materials that can be included in the auction. All auction earnings will go to the fund. We have many generous individuals who have shared their blessings with us.
6. Bid in the auction of scrapbooking materials. The starting prices are at 50%-60% off retail price. As all auctions go, the item will go to the highest bidder. There will a P50 increment in the bidding. All auction proceeds will go to the fund.
So far, the following items are up for bid. All items brand new. Additional items will be announced later.
a. Cricut electronic die-cutting machine - P3,500
b. Prima Flowers (6 bottles with rack) - P800.00
c. Fiskars Crop Bag - P800.00
d. EK Success Blade Runner w/glass mat - P200.00
e. Autumn Leaves ClearStamps (Flourishes v:I) and (Swirls v:I) - P400 each
f. Stampin ' Up Friends and Flowers Scrapbooking Kit - P300
f. Stemma Paper Packs
g. Scrapbooking Caddy - P200
h. Cosmo Cricket Biography 101 8" black leather album/shadow box/case- P1,150
i. Creative Imaginations Alpha Foam Stamp - P310
j. AMM Totally Cool Tote lime green - P350
7. Give your friends, relatives or yourself the gift of a layout made especially by your scrapping inspirations. Bid for their scrapbooking services starting at P250 per creation. Materials will be provided by the organizers. All you have to do is provide your favorite scrapper with photos to scrap. We will help you reach an agreement with the scrapper as to when you should expect the finished LOs. So far, the following have agreed to participate in this silent auction. Please do visit their blogs and galleries and be amazed by their creativity.
a. Iris Uy
b. Pia Lopez
c. Ria Mojica
d. Cabbie Jane Lopez
e. Cookie Aguilar
f. Issa Lucido
g. Dr. Rita Vergara
h. and others to be announced later
8. Join the scrapping challenge in the afternoon. Purchase a kit (contains 4 pieces of K&CO papers) for P100 only.
a. Challenge Theme - Acts of Charity (or ways of Helping Others Outside the Home)
b. Photo Requirements - Bring at least 1 photo, any size
c. Materials Requirements - papers used must be from the challenge kit, scrappers can add any other elements they want
d. Judging - will be done by the Scrappin' Moms
e. Please bring your basic scrapbooking supplies like glue, scissors, etc.
9. Shop from the scrapbooking stores who will be joining us for this event. You do not have to visit their stores as we invited them all to better serve you. The stores have generously contributed to the cause already just by participating so please show your appreciation by buying. Many store items will be on sale! Also, expect many new items for sale.
a. Visual Creations
b. Studio Azul
c. Memory Lane
e. Rekindled Moments
10. Donate in cash. There will be a donation box at the registration table during the event.
Thank you very much for your generosity. In return, we promise a fun-filled day with lots of delicious lunch and merienda, door prizes, challenge rewards and lots of shopping. Tickets will also be sold at the venue.
Please e-mail me at email@example.com for more details.
Have a Happy Holidays with Svelt’i
1 week ago