Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ding...Round 3

As early as 10 PM, Thursday night, I learned my fate in the Scrappinmoms Idol Challenge. I get to move on to the next round. I immediately tried to figure out (their names are not announced, their photos just disappear from the gallery) who were the three scrapbooking artists who were dropped, not because their LOs were not good, but just because for this particular round, their LOs were at the bottom 3. Does that mean that the other LOs were way better? I wouldn't know. For all I know, it might just be a mere tenth of a point that separates them from the Top 24. But this I do know for sure, everyone submitted artistic creations that are their own, and that no one can take away from them.

I am happy I am moving on because I am particularly pleased with my entry, Noise. This LO took a long time coming because I had the photo printed, my title chosen and journaling written as early as March 2007. It took this monochromatitic challenge for me to finally put my ideas on paper. For that alone, I am rewarded. I am sad though because the SMI journey of my friend Nina ends with this challenge. Nina is a creative sensitive soul and I always admire her layouts. I continue to look forward to what she will come up with next.

The next challenge has also been announced. Altering a household item. You think that's easy? Try the restrictions. It's really mind-altering. LOL. When DH heard the next challenge, he asked, baffled, "What has that got to do with scrapbooking?" What, indeed. Ahhh...the things we do for our craft.

1 comment:

Christine said...

CONGRATS, Lee!!!! You have a point there, hmmm..... well, if you think about it, altering is an offshoot of scrapping, but that's just my opinion. Good luck! Really looking forward to another gorgeous creation from you! ;)