Sunday, April 20, 2008

Convenience Corner

I did this layout for a challenge to scrap photos of a street corner. I have always been meaning to take photos around our neighborhood. Things change so quickly nowadays. For example, in the village where I live, they are tearing down Glori's to make way for a new SM Hypermart. Our friendly neighborhood panaderia is now a Mini-Stop. I am sure, a few years from now, our neighborhood will look very different.

I am hoping therefore that this layout is just a start. It's inspired by a Becky Fleck Page Map.


Journaling:

After school, you four would beg me to take you to 7-11 to buy your favorite Slurpee. Ice-cold Slurpee seems to be the perfect way to beat this summer’s heat. Makes me glad that a 7-11 is conveniently located at the corner next to Lola Mama’s house.

Materials:
PPS – Basic Grey, Diecuts – Basic Grey, Fancy Pants, Cuttlebug; Glitter – Prisma, Ranger; Brads – Making Memories; Adhesives – Saunders, Ranger; Stickers – Basic Grey; Pen - Staedtler

I used Glossy Accents on "Corner" to make it like epoxy stickers. When you have alot of area to cover, it's more work to use UTEE, but it will turn out cheaper. :-) I put Prisma glitter on the swirls to mute the violet a bit.

1 comment:

Christine said...

i love the idea of scrapping about your neighborhood. i should do that sometime... thanks for the inspiration :)