Monday, April 21, 2008

Para sa Aking Mga Magulang

Together Forever


Journaling (Under photo):
Growing up, my parents were not my idea of a perfect couple. To my younger self, they seemed to fight alot over budgets and such mundane subjects like air-conditioning (Dad was always too hot while Mom was always cold). I understand now that I am married myself that fighting is part and parcel of a partnership. My parents may not be the ideal couple but they have a real relationship. It may not be perfect but it is solid, steady, and stands the test of time. After all, 55 years of marriage, eight children, 24 grand-children and 3 great grand-children, and they are still fighting and making up. If that is not true love, I don't know what is. (April 16, 2008)

Materials:
All patterned papers and rubons - Daisy D's; metal embellishments - We R Memory Keepers; Flowers - Prima; Buttons - Autumn Leaves; Stamps - Prima; Chipboards - Craft Express; Lace - unknown; Adhesives - Saunders; Zots; Pen - Staedtler, Sakura.

4 comments:

Au Lim said...

love this! precious, beautiful photo on a matching beautiful LO.

Christine said...

what a beautiful tribute to your parents! love the journaling! (as always!)

Melissa Norris said...

Congratulations! This blog post was featured in the latest Carnival at http://www.craftcritique.com We would love it if you’d let YOUR blog readers know too… you know, share the love! Happy Valentine’s Day! Craft Critique loves you!

Lola, my alias said...

Beautiful...absolutely lovely!