Sunday, April 27, 2008

Moments to Play

I finally sat down to scrap two days ago. I decided to play with the Radiant Rain shimmering mist that I got from Visual Creations. I usually do not buy stuff that I do not know how to use. But Mitch made it look so easy, and the wonderful LO she made using gold Radiant Rain did me in.

I just had to scrap this photo of Sarah and I because DH captured a rare moment when she has no sumpong. Well, she really is very sweet but there are days when my KiDS run away from me when they see me coming at them with a camera. Moments such as these. (Yup, I'm so bad I recorded such a moment and posted it in my KiDS blog. Hahaha.)

Moments Like These


Journaling:
The most wonderful rewards of being a mother are moments like these. No arguments...no tantrums...just pure sweet lasting love.

Materials:
Paper and Diecut- Daisy D's; Stamp - Prima; Ink - Tsukineko, Clearsnap, Ranger; Chipboard - Fancy Pants; Foam letters - American Crafts; Paint - Making Memories, LuminArte; Lace and rose pin - unknown; Pen - Staedtler; Thread - DMC; Adhesive - Saunders

Techniques:
I painted the swirl chipboards red then sprayed them with Radiant Rain. I was quite surprised that it really came out like a mist of water. I am so used to using walnut ink spray which is thick and does not spread as easy. Mitch's LO had a certain texture that you can almost touch, but I didn't get that effect. Maybe she did it by letting a first application dry and then spraying again on top of that. I will have to ask her. Anyway, the final outcome are chipboards that were way too red and goldish so I randomly dabbed white acrylic paint on the swirls. Hmmm...that's more like it. The white paint muted the red which was way too garish.

Since I liked the effect, I also sprayed on the white AC thickers. As usual, I didn't do a spot test if it would cling and just sprayed on the whole word. I'm just glad that it did dry up or that would have been bye-bye 7 letters. :-)

I must admit I like having a certain shimmer to my layouts. At first I was afraid I wouldn't find much use for this purchase. Well, I could be very wrong. Now excuse me, while I find something else to spray.

No comments: