Sunday, May 04, 2008

Ready to Crop

Sigh. Yesterday, I was all geared up for a cropping night at Mitch's Visual Creations. I prepared my photos and my scrapbooking gear. I was all excited to finally use my new AMM tote which I have had for months and haven't used. That tote can really hold alot of stuff, and it's stylish to boot. I just wish that it came in green like my big bag on the left. But that's OK, I like pink, too.

But alas, it was not to be. After a long day which started at 5 am, I had to take the KiDS to their PETA recital. The plan was for me to go to Mitch's after the recital but alas, in the middle of the shows, I received the Royal Summons. That is, my MIL requested that the KiDS be brought to her house since some relatives were there. Since DH is currently out of the country I had no choice but to bring the KiDS to her. One, you can never ignore a Royal Summon lest it cause a rift between you and the Royal Pain, I mean, your DH. And two, we find that we indulge MIL more about her requests these days. Which is just fine because she doesn't often demand anything anyway.

When we finally got home, I was still psyched up about scrapping so I joined an online crop were challenges were issued every two hours. I thought that I would be able to keep up but I managed to complete only one project. By the time the second challenge was issued at around 11 PM, I was already too tired and sleepy so I decided to turn in.

But still, I managed to make a project I wouldn't have attempted otherwise. I'll embellish it some more when I have the time, but with the imposed time limit, this had to do.


The challenge was to recycle a product for a layout or a dimensional memory project. I used the packaging of Autumn Leaves stickers, ribbon from a gift bag from The Body Shop, Fancy Pants PPS, Prima flower, button, American Crafts Thickers, Craft Express alphas, and UHU glue.

Well, now I have a door hanger to place on my door. I think I'll add "Creative Mind at Work" at the top portion later.

No comments: