Friday, May 02, 2008

April Recap

I planned to post this two nights ago but I had to help DH pack for his upcoming trip. It seemed he brought alot of stuff, not all of it his. I also had to attend several meetings with him in the past few days because I have to take care of business while he is away. Grabe! Ang daming bilin. But that's OK, madami din akong bilin na scrapbook stuff sa kanya. Hehehe.

Anyway, this month marked the official beginning of summer vacation! We hadn't gone to the beach yet, it's much too hot for that. Instead, we enrolled the KiDS to PETA workshops which they enjoyed. Their final showcase is tomorrow and DH is sad he will miss that.

The KIDS are now allowed a few hours of TV, Playstayion and DS every day, so I use that time to scrap. I kinda missed them hanging around with me in my scraproom but I am more productive when their electronic toys keep them occupied. So I shouldn't complain, right?

This month's goal was for 5 layouts. And I completed 8 layouts, not including the 4 layouts I did for a GDT assignment for Scrapbukan. I hope the mojo sticks with me.

We finally met the Carmelite nuns in Tarlac and we are going back this May to give them workshops on scrapbooking and cardmaking. They were so impressed by the cards my fellow scrapbookers made for them , and they got interested, too. They're thinking maybe they could earn some money from this.

Speaking of earning, I'm sure regular readers would have noticed that I started to write up "Awareness Campaigns." Please humour me. I could certainly use the extra income to support this hobby. I will try to keep my awareness posts truthful, entertaining, and most specially anecdotal. That is, I will relate them to actual things and events that have happened to me or someone I know.

I also finally updated my KiDS Meet World blog (about the KiDS and my family's misadventures) and Food Envy (food cum travel blog). I hope I can continue to update them because I neglected them so much since Pinayscrapper was born. Please do visit them as they are also good reads and you might pick up bits of information that may be of use to you.

No comments: