Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Gap

Another LO that I started last Saturday, April 7, which I finally finished today. Whew! I really like the feeling I get when I slip a finished LO inside a protective sleeve in my album. It's a combination of relief and fulfilment. It makes me tingle all over. LOL.


Materials Used:
DCWV cardstock, Imagination Project - Bloom PPS, P.Etc. Sticker, EK Success Phrase Cafe, Prima flowers, button, Canson tracing paper, Sizzix Slim Jim diecuts

Journaling Reads:
Sarah lost four of her baby teeth when she was about to turn seven. When they started feeling loose, she couldn't help but wiggle them. Papa was afraid that they might come off and she might accidentally swallow them so he pulled them off himself.

The first time, with the first tooth on the upper right, Sarah cried up a storm. It was a wonder the neighbors didn't call Bantay Bata 911. When she finally settled down, Papa pretended he was just checking if the wound has closed and suddenly pulled the other tooth. It happened so fast that Sarah was too surprised to cry.

After a week or so, the third tooth started moving and was pulled by Papa just as easily. Some tears were shed over the fourth tooth which was pulled after a few days, but all in all, it was quick and painless. Can't wait to see which tooth she loses next.

The Process:
Just played around with this one. And the journaling is a February 25, 2007 entry in my www.kids-kitchen.blogspot.com. It's my personal blog about my kids. The yellow arrows were made by my DH. He arranged it and the letters to look like a smile, to duplicate Sarah's toothless smile. Does it look like a smile to you? :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you said: "The yellow arrows were made by my DH". The first thought that came to mind was, "ang galing naman ng Domestic Help nya". It wasn't till the next line that I picked up na yung asawa mo pala ang nire-refer mo dito. Sorry, mahina ako sa acronym eh. Akala ko nga yung DD is Dearly Departed. Ayun pala, Dear Daughter! Ang sama ko... ayaw ko na ng mga initials na yan!